NEW HEARING AID BENEFIT AVAILABLE
A new "Network Sharing" rule makes members eligible for a discount from some Indiana Providers. To see the list, click on theTruHearing Provider tab under Useful Links.
1. Fort Wayne Ortho is now in network for Medicare members.
2. Drug discount cards that are typically received in the mail, are for people without insurance.
1. The St. Joe Ortho office has closed. Consult customer service or the website for a list of in-network doctors. Another option is to ask your doctor if he will accept your insurance as in-network.
1. When you turn 65 you become eligible for Medicare Part A & Part B. Eligibility begins on the 1st day of the month of your birthday. You need to enroll in the Highmark Medicare Plan. This does not happen automatically. You will receive your Medicare card by mail about 3 months ahead of your birthday. You will receive an application from the USW Veba about 6 weeks ahead of your effective month. Return the application and a copy of your new Medicare card as soon as possible to ensure that you have your new card when you need it.
2. Highmark performed an audit of its 2010 claims. If you receive a bill for a service done in 2010, and you thought the bill had been settled. Please call the union office.
1. If you are involved in an accident and not at fault, you still need to use your insurance card. Highmark will pay the bills and settle with the other insurance company.
2. With the Supreme Court ruling and recent election, the "Affordable Care Act" is now law. There are no immediate changes for us, but we are monitoring the situation.
3. Chiropractic services are not always covered. Our plan pays for manual manipulation of the spine. The new high tech equipment used in certain offices is not covered. Physical therapy is not covered when rendered by a chiropractor.